Friday, April 9, 2010

Random Cool Things #3 - Zélia Duncan

When thinking on how put into words the Traveling Souls post, I came across this song Não Vá Ainda or literally translated Don't Go Yet composed and sang by a fabulous Brazilian artist, Zélia Duncan.

By the way, she's on Twitter, in case you want to get in touch with her. ;)

The song has nothing to do with my musings, directly anyway, but the idea of someone leaving reminded of the nomad lifestyle I've never had. (and don't intend on having, just sayin', heh)

Here's an excerpt of the lyrics, poorly translated by me. I hope you'll be able to see my point.
Me diga como você pode viver indo embora, sem se despedaçar
Por favor me diga agora, ou será
Que você nem quer perceber?
Talvez você seja feliz sem saber.

Tell me how can you be always leaving, without falling apart
Please tell me now, or is it
That you don't even want to know?
Maybe you're happier unaware.

I gather this might make not much sense, but the music is good anyway. Don't you agree? ;)

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! I'm such a homebody - the travelling lifestyle would not be for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. >>> Jemi: She is very cool indeed, isn't she? heh I'm a big fan, having followed her career from the beginning. ;)

    I'm with you on rejecting the travelling remark, but it seems that life has been leading me to a sort of nomad phase. I haven't been in the same place for long lately. Go figure, heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. There's definitely something of The Beat about this - of a restlessness that isn't conscious but is more like some inner motion-powered clock that needs to keep moving to stay working. Make me think of Bob Dylan's Like a Rolling Stone, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. >>> Dan: I believe Zélia would be flattered by your perception of her music. It feels right to me too, although I could never have put it into words as you did. Thank you for that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Recent Popular Posts