Thursday, April 1, 2010

Uh, oh! Randomities Won the Happy 101 Award!




My dear twitter friend Anne Tyler Lord, of the excellent Don't Fence Me In, sent me the best blog award ever: Happy 101 Award that stands for happiness and friendship. Thanks so much Anne! *hugs* :)

To receive this award I'm supposed to list ten things that make me happy, and pass it on to five people. I gladly comply:
  1. Friendship: This award is mostly about the warmth of fellowship. It makes me tremendously happy to make new friends, like the ones I'm sharing this prize with, and to be able to maintain old friendships that could cool down with distance or time. (hi Former-Witch! ;)
  2. Unconditional love: like the love we share with our pets, when we allow ourselves to. If you look at randomities' labels, you'll notice how much I dabble about my dogs, heh. Also, I'm lucky to have close friends who I love and am loved by unconditionally. This is a rare thing.
  3. Pretty things: It makes me happy to see, watch and listen to the wonderful things that we, humans, are capable of making. In my view, art is something meant to elevate us.
  4. The nature: It could fall into the pretty things category, but I think the nature deserves a topic for itself. It's astounding, isn't it? I'm always happy when hiking, climbing, swimming or just standing in a place untouched by man's crafty hands. The connection with the nature is inestimable.
  5. Reading: Another thing that is encompassed by the pretty things category, but stands out. It makes me tremendously happy to travel to other worlds, learn about other view points, muse on something, and everything else that the reading experience can render us.
  6. Food: Yeah, it's not just the endorphin of a good dark chocolate,heh, but the act of eating is highly pleasant, especially when accompanied by a good wine, in a table filled with friends.
  7. Writing: Obviously! To create things, is something amazing. When the characters, the story, or the ideas don't let me sleep until I've given them enough attention, I'm truly happy.
  8. Adventure: If you've peered into my profile, you know that already. I like highs, depths, speed, and even the surpassing of obstacles in life.
  9. Love, in the romantic sense: I love to love, and be loved back. Intensely. Those who have felt this know what I'm talking about. I'd never exchange a broken heart for safety. Life is not meant to be dull.
  10. Meditation: Like Anne, It makes me profoundly happy when I'm tranquil and balanced. To actually breathe helps a lot, and meditation is a good way of remembering how to do it.
Gee, I've been so reflexive lately! Wait and see, 'cause there's more stuff coming, heh.

Now let's go to the fun part! I'd like to spread the love to many people, but I'm limited to five, so here are the friends I'm bestowing the Happy 101 Award to:

Donna, the fantastic writer of Donna's Blog

Debbie, spreading the word about Ainu culture through Project Uepeker


Phyl, writer, book reviewer and cat lover, of Bookishgal

Jem, poet and writer, of http://jemfyr.wordpress.com/

26 comments:

  1. Congrats! That's a wonderful list you've compiled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the things that make you happy.

    (Especially #6, heh)

    Congratulations, Mari-girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. >> Laura: Thanks so much! I wish I was allowed to send out more 101 awards, so I could give you one too. I'm really happy to have met you! :)

    >> Mari-girl: Of course I'm counting you as one of the friends eating and having a good bottle of wine with me, heh.

    Oy, notice that I said a bottle, not a glass, lol. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I completely understand why you were chosen. You are a joy to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mariana, you can be all the "reflexive" you want cuz your post made me happy dance too. Thank you! Congratulations on your reward. Deserving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely list - I echo many of your sentiments :) Nice post!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yippee!! Congratulations - you really deserve that one - HAPPY's written all over your blog, it bubbles through and gets the rest of us all bubbly too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. >> Darrelyn: Thanks so much, dear, for the compliment, and thanks for stopping by! :)

    *feeling smug* (heh)

    >> Debra: Ohh, you caught me! The idea was to say that I'm "reflective", or "philosophical" if you prefer, heh.

    The life of a foreign writer... lol

    >> Jemi: Thanks! I'm glad you feel the same. The list is supposed to share good feelings with you guys. ;)

    >> Kristi: Thanks so much! Now my smugness is doubled, heh. Your blog spreads happiness too, as I always have a good laugh. Thanks for that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a terrible thing, I think, but I've never given so much thought to the things that make me happy. Your post set my mind to working! I haven't visited you in a while - must remedy that and come by more often ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. >> Madison: I'm honored that this post triggered this line of reasoning. Maybe this will develop into a positive cycle? I sure hope so! :)

    Please feel welcome to stop by whenever you feel like it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mari,

    So many things make me happy, and mostly it's the little things in life that make the most impact. I think I might make a similar list for my blog when I post again. It'll offset some of the darker things I think about, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  12. >> Madison: Great idea! I'm not sure I'm allowed to, but I'd like to send you an additional Happy 101 Award. Then you'll have an excuse to make the list, and will *not* allow yourself to forget doing that? ;)

    Besides, I want to know what make you happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL, Mari, I'll do it tonight even without the award ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, no! Would you ignore an award I granted you. All the more one as happy as this? *snif*

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh No! I will call it my honorary award so you don't break the rules officially ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Former-Witch FriendApril 5, 2010 at 7:12 PM

    Hi! Never fear, distance will never cool down our friendship, nor will it affect my unconditional love for you... Miss you, but I'm happy to see you going after what you want, and will suport you always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. >> Former-Witch: I love you too my dear(!), and miss you greatly! Re: support: I know, heh. ;) And I also know that you know you can count on me, no matter the distance or whatever. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, thank you for the 101 Award, Mariana! I have to tell you, your blog site is beautifully designed. It's a pleasure to visit, and a joy to read.
    Very best in writing!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  19. >> Donna: Thank you Donna! You're a caring friend who deserves this award. :)

    It makes me happy that you like Randomities look. It is indeed meant to be pleasant and inviting. ;) Wow, thanks so much for the compliment on the writing! I hope I can keep up with your expectations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post:)
    I definitely identify with many of your loves; particularly eating and dark chocolate, lol!
    http://writeolive.wordpress.com/
    Olive

    ReplyDelete
  21. >> Olive: Thanks! Dark chocolate is something I just can't live without, lol. Oh, and wine. (In small quantities mind, heh ;)

    Thanks for stopping by Olive! Can't wait to see what's coming up on your new blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so so much for this. What a wonderful thing to receive, and from such a lovely person whom it's an honour to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. >> Dan: Thank you Dan! You certainly deserve this award! Can't wait to see your happy list, heh, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Mari,

    Can't believe I didn't catch this post earlier! I was gone a bit.

    What a wonderful list - I get so happy just reading it! Oh the wine and chocolate with friends - how lovely!

    You certainly have your priorities in order - you really see and appreciate the beauty of the world. And, unconditional love is such a blessing in our lives!!

    I didn't know you were a big adventurer - lover of speed and heights - my goodness, you will have to share a few more adventures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  25. >> Anne: Thank you for this wonderful award! I'm touched that you feel happy reading my 'little' list, thank you! *mwah*

    I am, or at least used to be, an adventurer. My hopes is that I come back to that lifestyle soon. I have many layers, my friend, heh. ;P

    ReplyDelete

Recent Popular Posts