Saturday, August 14, 2010

Interview with Johanna Harness at the Writer's Digest

Johanna Harness it the genius behind the #amwriting community on Twitter. I spotted an exchange of tweets that lead to her interview at Jeanne Friedman's blog on Writer's Digest's website -- There Are No Rules -- and I thought a simple tweet wasn't enough to share this insightful interview. I had to spread the word here at Randomities too.

She talks about the #amwriting community, about writing, marketing, the reasons why she chose the traditional path to publishing instead of other alternatives. There's much more, of course, but I won't spoil it to you.

Click HERE to read it and tell me what you think. It's worth a blog post, isn't it? ;)

Edited to add: I was one of the happy recipients of her cool buttons giveaway this July. Check them out. :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh thanks for posting the interview here, Mari-girl. I had read it the other day and forgot to bookmark it. What a great thing for Johanna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. --Marisa: Yes, she certainly deserves the visibility after such hard work with the community. It was my pleasure to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. (edited) Johanna Harness is tops in my book. She is a great colleague and helps keep the fires of inspiration growing.

    The secret to her success is her continued devotion and caring for other writers. She is a voice of steadiness and reason. She will always have my friendship!

    ReplyDelete
  5. --D'Angelo: Cannot agree more; her support is invaluable! Thanks for stopping by and acknowledging her work here as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a fantastic interview! I had no idea what was happening with the #amwriting hashtag, though I've seen people use it quite often. I can see what I've been missing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. --Phyl: Although I've been following the news, I haven't been been profiting from Johanna's work as much as I could/should. That is, I could make much more contact with fellow writers than I do, so I totally sympathise with you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Recent Popular Posts