Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Laura Eno's Week - Interview




Understand why the fuss, HERE.
Picture credits on this post.
It's time for another knight to shine! This week, I proudly present you Laura Eno! Laura shares her funny, scary and fantastic(al) stories at her blog A Shift in Dimensions. She's also a multi-published author whose books you can easily find at her author profile on Smashwords or Amazon

Today Randomities will be featuring the interview that gave birth to her story. Later this week you'll be able to read said story and also a review of one of her books


Enjoy!

*

Silly questions:

1. What's your favorite color?

Rainbow…and I hate white walls. I have a stack of paint cans in the garage to prove it.

2. What's your worst fear?

Not being able to write anymore. Seriously. That, and not being able to travel, which my fibromyalgia prevents me from doing right now.

3. How would you define yourself as a person? (grumpy, dedicated, lazy etc) Please feel free to explain as you wish, instead of using one or more isolated words.

Driven. When I'm focused on something, like writing or some other project, I don't stop to rest, eat…uh, shower.


The writer:

4. When did you start to write?

I started writing in Jan, 2009, on my 54th birthday. Before that, I was a silversmith, but the economy folded and I couldn't afford to keep it as a hobby.

5. Why did you start to write?

I needed a creative outlet and a story popped into my head, so I sat down and started writing. I still don't know why, but I feel like I've come home. Writing is where I belong.

6. How did writing influence your life?

Writing has exposed me to like-minded people for the first time in my life. I've always felt like an outcast around other people, but the online community of writers feels like family. The people I've met share my same quirks, such as listening to voices in my head or staring off into space while thinking of a new plot.

7. When/where do you write the best?

I write best outside on my patio, listening to a waterfall. My first draft is done with a pencil and paper, giving me the chance to listen to the cadence as I type it on the computer later. The best times for writing are early morning and at night. The afternoon is for that other stuff—like falling into a sugar coma from eating cookies for breakfast.

8. Which part of writing do you like the most? 

My favorite part is that spark of creativity that comes with a new story. It's so fresh and full of possibilities.

9. Which is the favorite character you've ever wrote? Why?

Hands down, my favorite is the entire cast of Realms of the Red Rabbit and Realms of the Red Rabbit-Jake. I love those characters.


The story:

10. If you were to be written as a character, in a story, would you like to have any special trait, ability?

Of course! I'd be tough as nails, beautiful, wearing a slinky dress with high heels I could run in, and wearing a blaster on my thigh. Think Princess Leia without the hair buns. Have I mentioned I'm in love with Han Solo?

*


Laura Eno lives in Florida with a very tolerant husband, three skulking cats and two absurdly happy dogs. She has a pet from the Underworld named Jezebel and a skull called Mr. Fluffy who help her write novels late at night. Please visit her strange imagination at http://lauraeno.blogspot.com

12 comments:

  1. Thank you, Mari! I'm honored to grace your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way you're older than me! I thought fer sure I had ya beat, lady!
    I envy your ability to be so driven about writing (OK, and I'm jealous about cookies for breakfast, too!)
    And as much as I love ya, Laura, I'd fight ya for Han Solo. My, oh my that's a spectacular piece of man flesh.
    Fabulous interview Mari! Fabulous and more fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic interview, Mari and Laura!

    Wow, a silversmith? I had no idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura... you're awesome! You always have been and you always will be. Keep writing and keep sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Driven...nuts...what's the difference? ;) She also fails to mention that she's a softy too, although now I will probably disappear forever for mentioning that.

    Thanks for profiling her, Mari---I think she's great too, but I am biased, being her daughter & all. *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  6. --ganymeder: Thanks, Cathy!

    --Laura: I'm the one who's honored to have you here at Randomities. After all, you are one of my honorable guests. *winks pointing up to the perm pages* :)

    --Cathy: I envy Laura for the morning cookies too. As for Han Solo. Hmmmm... :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. --Sam: Awesome, no? I'd love to have that kind of skill too. :)

    --Jim: Hey there! Long time no see. Thanks for the visit, Jim. Laura *is* awesome. :)

    --Yvonne: Nuts, you say? I like nuts. ;P

    Yes, you are very lucky to have a mother like Laura, for her softness, I mean. As for the scary part... *shudders* heh

    Glad you liked her profile! *sweeps sweat from brow*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent interview, Laura. I'm in love with Han Solo too ;-)
    ~2

    ReplyDelete
  9. AND...

    I eat cookies for breakfast too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go, Laura! I didn't realize I started following your writing only months after you *started* writing. Of course, we're always *writing* even if not writing it down, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you all for the awesome comments!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Popular Posts